So the title gives it away but after MUCH debate, I have decided to make the transition to being a stay-at-home mom once baby #2 arrives. I love my job, but I have always wanted to have my kids close in age. With my fertility issues I didn't want to wait too long in between trying for fear of how long it might take or if it would happen at all (you never know). I feel SO unbelievably fortunate to have two precious boys that will be just two years apart.
If you know me well this is probably a bit of a shock. I never expected my heart to change or to have the desire to stay-at-home. I love working, I love adult interaction, I love my students, I love multi-tasking and the work/home balance. But at the end of the day I love my family WAY more. The years are so short which I am reminded constantly as I have the opportunity to work with parents with children of all ages. It doesn't matter if their child is 7 or 17 every parent seems to be in dismay that it has gone so quickly. I don't ever want to look back and wish I had spent more time with my boys during their formative years.
I also know the challenges of being a working mom. The struggle between the demands at home, a sick child, or a morning where your little one needs extra snuggles. Although my job is wonderful and family friendly we are still expected to be on time every morning and there are only so many sick days/ Dr. appointment excuses that you can use. I hated feeling the pull between the two and often feeling like I was coming up short at both. At the end of the day I am not comfortable being an "ok" employee or mom and I felt the need to choose. Obviously being a mom won.
If I am being honest I have a lot of mixed emotions as I move into this next chapter. I am THRILLED, excited to make my boys care and managing my home my job. I am scared of boredom, loneliness and long days. But I know God put this on my heart for a reason. I know even if this transition is hard that it will make me more reliant on Him. I can't argue with that. I know that this time next year I will be livin' the SAHM dream a.k.a. summer with my babies. :) I know that this winter will be HARD. But I also know that it would be hard no matter what. The working mom balance is no easy task and I am looking forward to this new challenge.
Happy Thursday friends!



1 comment:
look at you mama... thrilled for you and that you're able to do this with the boys!!! you can ALWAYS go back to your career ;)
i think you will find PLENTY of ways to stay occupied and involved and have that adult interaction, too!! CONGRATS
Post a Comment