I have been thinking about this post for awhile now. My bible study is currently reading Jen Hatmaker's book For the Love. I have absolutely loved this book and I highly recommend it to any woman, with or without kids. She talks a lot in the first few chapters about recognizing your own God given gifts and owning those. Not trying to live up to the impractical expectations the world makes us believe we have to obtain to be happy or successful.
These four concepts came to me after some reflection.
Moms do you.
These four concepts came to me after some reflection.
Moms do you.
Where God leads you.
What fits your family.
What makes you happy.
What fits your gifts.
We are not a one size fits all culture. We are literally all created uniquely and differently for a reason. What works for me and my family most likely won't work for you. If we have some similarities that's awesome. But I don't expect anyone to have the same story as me.
Stop judging working/ stay at home/ part time whatever moms. We are all moms. It's all hard.
It's hard not to play the comparison game. Especially as a first time mom because you are really just trying to figure this whole parenting gig out. But remember. No one else is like you or your spouse, or your child so make decisions that work best for your family. Seek them prayerfully and enjoy the peace that comes with it.
Happy Thursday friends!!
Happy Thursday friends!!
No comments:
Post a Comment