Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Exciting News! Baby #2!

Wow I have been super MIA on the blog lately. I am so sorry friends.  But I promise I have a good reason.  If you follow me on social media you already know that Bodie is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!!!  Baby # 2 is expected early September and we are THRILLED. 

Even more exciting news is that IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am shocked, ecstatic, scared and overjoyed all at once haha.  We did a gender reveal party with our family last night that was just awesome.  It was so fun to share the good news and again we are thrilled.

I have been super sick this go around and all of the old wives tales pointed to a girl just like they did with Bodie so I should have known then.  To be honest there was a part of me that did think it could be fun to have a girl.  I thought a girl might be more calm and maybe we would have less smashing and general Bam-Bam activities.  But growing up I always said I wanted to be a boy mom.  I can't help but laugh now knowing that my future will be full of balls, sports, rough housing, broken things around the house and lot's of sweet moments that mom's of boys know best.

Bodie is going to be an awesome big brother and I am so excited that they will be so close in age.  I have had a number of people ask so I did want to share about our fertility experience this time.  It was MUCH easier.  We started trying last June because I started cycling on my own but we didn't have any luck.  Last October I met with my normal OBGYN and told her I would like to start Clomid again.  She recommended Femara, which is also an estrogen blocker.  It has been around for about 10 years and she felt since my Clomid dose was so high (200 mg) that I might have better luck with Femara.  There are a lot less side effects and the chance of multiples is a lot lower (2-4% vs. 7-10% with Clomid).  I had a great experience with Femara.  After the 35 day cycle I took two pregnancy tests that were both negative so I assumed the cycle didn't work.  However about three weeks later after complaining of exhaustion and nausea (which I never have) I decided to take a pregnancy test.  To my dismay it was positive.  Just like with Bodie I ovulated later and by the grace of God we have another miracle baby on the way!

Thank you for your kind words and support for our little family!  I will be sure to keep you all posted as the pregnancy progresses!

Happy Tuesday friends!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

SO thrilled for you sweet friend... and P.S. I TOTALLY see you as a boy mom. God gives us what we need, doesn't he??? OXOX

Elena @ baby Ridley bump said...

Omg! So happy for you!!!! How exciting! I'd love to have 2 boys!! So fun!!!!