Monday, May 18, 2015

Second Pregnancy Survival Guide

I didn't do a post like this with my first pregnancy.  But now that I am well into the second, I feel like I definitely have a good list of my pregnancy survival items.  Both of my pregnancies have fallen over the summer, third trimester that is.  :)  So a number of these will help you beat the heat and enjoy that growing bump!

ONE. Bio oil.  Love this stuff.  I tried a few different options with my first pregnancy but bio oil has been my favorite.  Unscented, absorbs quickly and works great!  Highly recommend.

TWO. La Croix.  You can't get through a spring/summer pregnancy without a fruity sparkling drink to balance out the massive water consumption you need in pregnancy.  I played out almost every flavor in my first pregnancy so I was THRILLED when they introduced these. My current favorite is the pineapple strawberry.
THREE. Vitafusion Gummy Prenatal vitamins.  Ya'll I can not say enough good things about these.  My first pregnancy I wasn't nearly as nauseous so I was able to take regular prenatal and salmon oil which my fertility specialist highly recommended.  But this pregnancy it just wasn't happening.  My gag reflex was out of control.  I felt like baby #2 was getting the shaft, so I looked into other options and discovered these.  Amazing!
FOUR.  BeBand.  I have mentioned it before on my bumpdate posts but I am so glad I tried the Beband this time!  It has made it possible for me to wear a number of my jeans well into my pregnancy.  This outfit right here would 100% not have happened if it wasn't for the BeBand.
FIVE. Self tanner.  I love to spray tan but that was obviously off the table when I got pregnant.  SO, I spent some time researching safe sunless tanners and discovered SUN self tanner.  I used it with both of my pregnancies and I have been really happy with it.  It's paraban free and gives me a great deep color.
 
SIX.  Beach Sarong.  I highly recommended a simple beach sarong during pregnancy.  I have a black one (similar here) that I have worn a ton during both pregnancies.  It has helped me feel a little more covered up while still being able to get some sun.
There you have it!! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Happy Monday friends!!

No comments: