Friday, December 13, 2013

FIVE on Friday!

I am unbelievably excited it is Friday.  Just like last week, there is literally no way I could work another day.  I am so ready to recharge this weekend and spend some quality time with my men (Cole, Bodie, Bebop & Rambo).  Today I am linking up for Five on Friday.

ONE. Christmas parties!  Cole and I are attending our neighborhoods Christmas party this weekend and I am super excited.  For one I am excited to get out of the house WITH my husband and two I just love our neighbors.  We moved into our house a little over a year ago and our small neighborhood (18 houses) is full of young couples, most of which have small children.  It's so much fun!

TWO. Need more sleep.  I feel bad even complaining about this because I know compared to a lot of new parents Cole and I hit the jack pot with Bodie.  He is a great sleeper.  But he is still a newborn which means feedings every few hours and even when he goes a long stretch (which he totally did this week, only woke us up once!) we are still going on two months now of less sleep.  You never really recover and I feel like I am always tired.  This week I actually showed up to a Christmas party on the wrong night and Cole went to the dentist on the wrong day.  We are a mess.

THREE.  Winter break.  One of the best perks to working at a school is that we get a winter break.  I have two weeks off of work starting in a week and I can.not.wait. I am really looking forward to having a few weeks to love on Bodie, recharge, catch up on sleep, spend time with the fam and enjoy the holidays!

FOUR. Friday Night Lights.  I know I am late to the party here but one of my students got me hooked on the Friday Night Lights tv series.  Cole and I are well into the fourth season now and I am sad that we are running out of episodes!!  It's just too good!

FIVE. 5lbs.  Yes my friends I am 5lbs shy of my pre-pregnancy weight and I am super excited.  I honestly haven't done much to get here it's really come off on it's own. I have been able to go to a barre class once, maybe twice a week and I haven't really been able to watch what I eat because frankly I don't have time.  But I do eat pretty well in general.  I hope the lbs keep coming off and then I can actually get myself back in shape! I have to say pregnancy weight gain wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I am constantly amazed at what the body can do!

Happy Friday Friends!!

No comments: