Monday, December 2, 2013

Month ONE essentials

Good lord.  Bodie is already over 6 weeks old and I am just now getting this.  I promise to get back into the swing of things STAT.  Our first month we have relied on a number of things for this tiny human.  Let me share:

-Noise Maker: we ordered the Graco Sweet Slumber noise machine and I am a huge fan. It has multiple sound choices, a night light which we use in the middle of the night when we need to change a diaper and a MP3 hook up.

-Sleep Sheep: Catching a theme here?  Sleep is very important to us and the sleep sheep is a great back up noise maker. Plus it's portable. Boom.

-Zip-up onesies.  After a few weeks of snapping what seems like 600 snaps at 3am, a friend suggested onesies that zip.  I had never heard of such thing, or frankly paid any attention.  Life savers.  Let me tell you.  Life savers.  Especially if your child is like mine and changing his diaper can be like wrestling a greased pig.

-Fisher Price Little Lamb Infant Seat:  Just like we were told this thing is clutch.  Bodie loves that it vibrates and we can move it anywhere.  We do have the occasional issue of Bebop thinking it is for him though....

-Fisher Price Little Lamb Swing: Again, life saver.  Bodie takes naps in this and loves watching the lambs while it plays music.

-Pampers Baby Dry Diapers:  We only use these at night but I can definitely tell a difference.  Bodie can go 4+ hours in these guys.  Which right now is amazing.

-Aden and Anais Swaddle Blanket: The first month we used these blankets exclusively at night. Bodie has just now started to tolerate a sleep sack of some sort, but at first these were the perfect solution to keep him still but not overly contained.

-Avent Soothie Pacifier: After numerous recommendations we introduced these pacifiers to Bodie and he LOVES them. They work great to calm him down when he is fussy.

-Baby Connect App: After approximately one day of nurses asking me when Bodie had nursed last I realized I was not going to be able to keep track of this on my own.  I discovered the Baby Connect App and I am obsessed.  It tracks virtually anything we need: diaper changes, feedings, sleep, Dr. visits, weight, etc. You can also have multiple users.  So Cole and I both have it as well as our mom's.  Clutch.

 -Aden and Anais Burpy Bib: When looking at burp cloths I frankly just thought the burpy bib looked cool.  But now I know how amazing it really is.  Unlike a lot of other burp cloths which I have found are hard to keep on your shoulder (I have tiny shoulders), the burpy bib stays in place and in a pinch it goes from bib to burp cloth. 

Well that's enough for now.  I am sure there is more but for our first month these items have been make or break. I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving.  We sure did, it was extra special this year and we have much to be thankful for.

Happy Monday Friends!

No comments: