Although the Bronco's didn't pull out a win I was reminded of a sweet text message Britton had sent one of my close friends a few days before the game. Her daughter was born 6 weeks prematurely and has been in the hospital off and on since September. "Rough" is an understatement. This had been a exhausting road and she and her husband are truly an inspiration with their strength. Anyway, Britton dedicated the orange cleats he wore in the game to sweet Collyns (that's her name, I know precious!) He also sent her family a message saying something along the lines of how God takes us when we are helpless so we can find our reliance on Him. I thought it was extremely true and easy to forget until we are faced with a trial.
So while the Bronco's may not have won last night I find comfort in the fact that four former UT players (specifically our friend Britton) had the chance the play in the SUPER BOWL - with Peyton Manning. That's a lifetime experience that they will never forget. It also goes to show that everyone faces trials, even Peyton Manning (he doesn't ALWAYS win) but those trials are what humbles us and reminds us how reliant we are on Christ.
My current situation is no where near as extreme as the above - my son isn't in the hospital and I didn't lose a Super Bowl. But I am in a lull of new parenting coupled with an extremely busy work life causing Cole and I to be insanely exhausted.
I was reminded this morning that it takes season's like this in life to help get things back on track. To remind me that when I feel hopeless, I am forced to be reliant on Him, where I should be I the first place.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." - James 1:2-3

No comments:
Post a Comment