Happy Friday friends!!! I am excited to be linking up for Five on Friday today.
ONE. Wedding season is here!!! We have our first wedding this weekend and I am so excited! Our good friends Drew and Lindsey are getting married and I can't wait to celebrate them! It will be a fun night out for Cole and I as well!
TWO. Bodie is going to "school" a.k.a. daycare.....I had an enormous prayer request fulfilled this week and I just had to share. We needed to make a change in Bodie's childcare this summer because the woman who currently watches him only does part time care. We have been so fortunate to have help from my mom and my mother-in-law but we were needing a full time solution. This is a big decision for our family and something I do not take lightly. Yesterday Bodie got into a fabulous center called Nanny's and I am so excited. There is nothing better then giving something to God, knowing He will provide a solution, and then watching him fulfill.
THREE. Last night was our first attempt with the Ferber method and it worked so so well. I am a firm believer that every child is different and you have to make choices for your child based on your gut instinct as a parent. Sleep training is highly controversial and extremely overwhelming. Bodie had just reached the point where I knew he wasn't in a growth spurt or developmental leap and he was waking up multiple times at night. I do not agree with allowing my child to "cry it out" for hours on end. But I felt comfortable with the Ferber method because it encourages him to self sooth and also lets him know that we are there and he is loved. Last night after making sure he had a dry diaper and was fed we tried the Ferber method. We waited 3 minutes before going in his room, then 5 minutes and then 8 minutes. Each time I patted his back, told him I loved him and "shhhhed" him. He immediately calmed down and I left the room. After the third time he put himself back to sleep and slept the rest of the night! Success!
FOUR. My bridesmaid dress came in yesterday for my brother's wedding in September!! My soon to be sister-in-law picked a cute J Crew dress and I love it!!!! I am super excited for their wedding festivities!
FIVE. I had a dinner date with one of my best friends this week and it was amazing. Sometimes a little debriefing session makes all the difference in the world. I am so incredibly thankful for my solid group of girl friends, particularly my "diary." Love you Tiff!
Happy Friday Friends!!!



1 comment:
Sounds like you have the best job!!! What fun!!! As parents...you must do what works best for you and what you are convicted to do for your child. We are firm believers in Baby Wise and you would not believe the junk we caught from people...it was seriously ridiculous. All of my girls did great with it--healthy babies, good sleepers, and happy. It worked for us...so I don't feel bad about it! You got this!!! Happy Weekend!
Post a Comment