Well we did it! We survived the first 6 months with our first child! I still can't believe how quickly it has flown by and feel like we have gotten into a "groove" in our new role as parents.
I thought it would be fun to put together a blog post of some of the more significant changes in our life. Here is a peak into our new life and our new "normal":
- Quite frequently, I make baby food on Friday nights. Being a working mom means I have to squeeze stuff in when I can. To be completely honest I REALLY enjoy making baby food.
- My weeks and days fly by. Often on Sunday night I don't even remember what I did the week prior. I know there was work, diaper changes, bottle washing, baby food, I fed the dogs and myself, and what day is it again?
- Date nights are still a priority. Cole is a realtor, so he works a lot of nights and weekends. Even so, we still manage to have a date night 1-2 times a week. Even if this just means eating dinner together after Bodie goes to bed.
- Working out is a luxury. I wish this wasn't the truth but I literally have zero time to work out these days. I plan on making it a priority again this summer. In hindsight I am thankful I had to cut out exercise for the majority of my pregnancy because it made this transition easier. It is also nice to know it wont be this way forever.
- I no longer over-commit. One nice thing about having a child is that I no longer feel guilty about saying no to things. It requires a lot of work to wrangle Bodie together to take him places or coordinate child care. So now, I do what really needs to be done and I don't worry about the other stuff.
- Driving alone in the car is a luxury. I still feel as if I get a decent amount of "me time" but my biggest surprise was how much I took for granted driving by myself before having a child. It used to be easy to run a couple of errands on the way home from work. Now that is virtually not an option (unless I want to do some of the aforementioned wrangling).
- I don't cook like I used to. I am kind of feeling like this should have been a "confession" post now haha. But I definitely don't have time to cook like I used to. We are still do a lot of the Trader Joes pre-made meals. I like that they are healthy and the prep work is eliminated. Again, working to get better at cooking this summer.
- Traveling is still a priority (with and without Bodie). Cole and I love to travel. We have already taken Bodie to Mississippi and we plan on taking him to Virginia next month. We traveled to Portland last month for our 30th birthdays and we have a five year anniversary trip planned in June. I hope Bodie loves to travel as much as we do and he learns that balance is important in life and in marriage.
So there you have it! Happy Tuesday Friends!

1 comment:
Just found your blog, I really love it! I would agree with a lot of what you included, so glad you still make time for date nights!!! :)
Happy weekend!
wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com
Post a Comment