Monday, December 15, 2014

Sunday Night Roasted Chicken

Hi friends! So last night I channeled my inner Betty Crocker and decided to roast a chicken.  It has been YEARS since I have done this.  Roasted chicken is one of my favorite winter meals.  It's a little time consuming and a touch messy but totally worth it.

R O A S T E D  W H O L E  C H I C K E N
 
I N G R E D I E N T S
4lb whole chicken
Poultry spices [ Thyme, Rosemary and Sage ]
Olive oil
Sea Salt
 
I N S T R U C T I O N S
Clean chicken out and remove giblets
Chop poultry spices
Sprinkle chicken with spices, sea salt and olive oil
Stuff remaining spices inside chicken
 
Roast at 450 for 20 minutes
Decrease temperature to 375
Cook 20 min per lb
 
I paired my chicken with roasted potatoes and asparagus.  The best part about roasting a chicken is all of the leftovers.  I decided to make some chicken noodle soup with ours.  The hubs is majorly excited and it was super easy.
 
H O M E M A D E  C H I C K E N  N O O D L E  S O U P
 
I N G R E D I E N T S
Whole chicken
Carrots
Celery
Onion
Chicken broth and bouillon for flavor
 
I N S T R U C T I O N S
Remove all meat from roasted chicken
Combine chicken carcass, a carrot, celery stock and half of a onion in large pot
Bring pot to a boil and let simmer
 
Chop 3-4 carrots, 2 celery stocks and remaining onion
In another large pot combine chopped vegetables with store bought chicken broth and bring to a boil
Once vegetables are cooked - add diced chicken and broth from your chicken carcass
Flavor with chicken bouillon
 
Happy Monday fiends!  Stay warm out there! 
 
 



No comments: