F R E S H F R U I T
Bananas
Strawberries
Blueberries
Pineapple
Melon
Pears
Apple
Peaches
Oranges
Applesauce
Fruit is definitely one of Bodie's favorite things to eat. I try to always keep fresh bananas, blueberries and strawberries on hand. I also buy pre-packaged cups of pineapple, pears, oranges, etc. Dole makes cups that are packaged in 100% juice and are great to travel with or take out to lunch. I also buy organic applesauce which he loves!
V E G E T A B L E S
Canned green beans
Canned carrots
Canned peas
Fresh broccoli
The above are my go-to's. The canned options are great because I don't have to worry about them going bad quickly. I also buy Libby's brand carrots and green beans. They are packaged just like the fruit cups. Great for weekends and lunches out.
F R O Z E N F O O D S
Amy's garden vegetable lasagna
Amy's cheese ravioli
Amy's bean and rice burrito
Earth's Best chicken nuggets
Frozen meals are clutch for our family. Bodie goes to bed before we eat dinner and it doesn't always work for him to just eat our leftovers. I have found that these frozen meals are easy to prepare and serve with a fruit and a veggie. In addition, one frozen meal usually makes two dinners.
D A I R Y
String cheese
Cheese cubes
Stonyfield yotoddler/baby yogurt
Lactose free whole milk
Bodie still had a reaction to whole milk so we tried lactose free and so far it's been a great option for him. He still gets all of the calories and fat he needs without having an allergic reaction. Thankfully he has also been able to tolerate cheese and yogurt since the milk proteins are broken down more.
Lastly, here are my favorite meal time essentials:
M E A L T I M E E S S E N T I A L S
I am absolutely obsessed with the re-play plates. The come in awesome colors, they are divided perfectly for meals and they are made from recycled milk jugs! Nuby sippy cups are another one of our favorites. The soft spouts are great for transitioning from a bottle as well as perfect for sore gums from teething. Speaking of teething a.k.a. pure baby torture it can be super tough to feed your little one when their gums are sore. These munchkin silicon spoons are a lifesaver. We still love our Graco high chair. It's a 4-in-1 so it has four seating options that grow with your child. It even comes with a booster seat!
Hopefully this info will help someone else with a toddler. Meal time can be tricky but it's awesome to watch their appetites and food choices grow!
Happy Hump day friends!








No comments:
Post a Comment