Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Life with Two

So Kellen will be three weeks tomorrow and I am just now finding the time to write this.  I should definitely be taking a nap since we hit the three week growth spurt last night, but you know.  :)

I want to start by saying life with two has been waaaay easier than I expected.  I am a crazy planner so I tried to anticipate all of the really tough stuff.  But for the most part it hasn't been that bad.  It's definitely easier than the transition to one child.  I also think my expectations are much different this time around.

Now there have definitely been some hard nights. Kellen has similar tummy issues to his big brother (milk intolerance/reflux) and we just started treating that this past weekend.  It has made a HUGE difference.  He is a much happier baby and we are sleeping a lot more.  Bodie has been an awesome big brother but it's still a circus with the two of them.  Feeding the baby and wrangling an almost two year old is something I am not sure I will ever master.

I am doing much better with the frequent feedings a.k.a. no sleep and I am always amazed at how quickly your body adjusts.  I do have to note some of our not some fine moments.  There was the morning (one week in, I believe) when Bodie pooped on the nursery floor after using the "big boy potty" apparently he wash't done....not to mention his lovely toddler meltdowns over what color cup his smoothie goes into every.single.morning.

But all in all, I am so unbelievably grateful for this new role as a mom of TWO boys.  I know how quickly this newborn phase passes and that it truly is just a season.  So I am trying my best to embrace the chaos, take one day at a time and battle through each toddler tantrum with stride.

Happy Tuesday friends!

No comments: