Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Life as a Stay at Home Mom // My New Normal

Happy Tuesday friends!  So I have been meaning to put this post together for a good two months but I am glad I haven't had the chance because I feel like we are finally getting into a groove.

The first three months with a second child were well challenging to say the least.  I expected it to be and at no point was it ever harder than I expected it to be.  With that being said the big change was after those first 12 weeks when instead of returning to work I stayed home.

I will be completely honest, you all know I like to keep it real I was really nervous about making this transition.  Since it wasn't ever part of "my plan" (you can read about that here) I was afraid I would be unhappy, or it would create tension between Cole and I.  I had a number of fears but in the end I chose to give it to God and plunge in face first.

Ya'll, I am so happy to say this has been THE BEST decision I have ever made.  Not once have I missed my job, I miss the people but I am still able to keep in touch with them.  Not once have I disliked being home with my kids.  Sure there have been long days, tough hours but I constantly remind myself that those tough times could have been on my days off as a working mom, or when I got home from work.  We aren't immune to tough times with our kids ever.

If anything I have been so unbelievably grateful. Extra afternoon snuggles after my two year old wakes from his naps. Snuggling my four month old as long as I want without feeling like I have a million things to do.  I am so much happier, less stressed, less anxious.  My marriage is better.  I was worried I would resent Cole for not being home but instead it makes me appreciate what he does and there is no longer the aggravation on who does what with the kids.

Bottom line, this has been the best decision for my family and no surprise.  I have learned this lesson over and over again, but when you are obedient to what God puts on your heart it always reaps reward.