Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Back on the blog!

My goodness friends I have taken a much needed break from blogging lately.  Between my big fall event at work, a sick child and a first birthday party to get ready for I have been swamped.  But thankfully last weekend was our fall break from school and I am finally feel refreshed.  Here are the latest things going on with the Edwards.  In no particular order:

- If you follow me on instagram you know I just started reading The Best Yes. So far I am obsessed.  Being a pretty decisive person I wasn't quite sure this book was for me.  I am learning it's not just about the decisions you do or don't make. It's about choosing the right obligations and leaving room for God to show you other places in your life that he wants to use you.  If you are always rushed, exhausted or stressed it's really easy to ignore these simple calls from God.
 
 
- 90,000 It has recently come to my attention (thanks Dad :) ) that my blog has had over 90,000 page views!  That's crazy!  I know I do not blog as frequently as I used to but I am thankful I have been able to keep this blog up after having a little one and thankful anyone cares to read it!

- Home projects.  Cole and I have finally found the time to tackle some projects around the house again.  We are currently revamping our outdoor area.  We made a new bench for our outdoor patio out of pallets (picture to come soon!).  We are also finally finishing our fire pit.  Fall is my favorite season at our house!

- Bodie's FIRST birthday.  Bodie will be ONE this Friday.  I still can't really believe it.   There have been all sorts of changes happening at our house and at school.  We are transitioning away from bottles right now and next week he will move to one nap instead of two.  It's all happening fast and I can't believe my baby is a little boy! We have a big party planned this weekend so I will be sure to post lots of pics next week.

- Proud sister.  My brother passed his bar exam!  The results came in last Friday and I just have to say I am SUPER proud of all of his hard work! 

- KIMBO!!!  Out of all of the sweet people coming to celebrate Bodie this weekend I can't help but mention my awesome friend Kim.  She is coming all the way from Charlottesville for the weekend.  It means the world to me.  She was so instrumental in our fertility struggles.  She works in a fertility clinic and I texted, emailed and called her a million times a day with questions.  Just means the world to me that she will be here to celebrate our miracle baby one year later! Love you Kimbo!

That's all I've got for now.  Stay tuned for first birthday details next week!

1 comment:

Elena @ baby Ridley bump said...

Glad to have you back girl! Can't believe you're planning a first birthday already!!