Monday, April 16, 2012

Family. Friends. Sunshine. Spring.

I was completely surprised with a 3-day weekend and man did I need it!  Friday was spent doing anything and everything I needed to complete to be productive for the weekend.  Friday night Cole and I headed over to his mom's house for dinner.  Cole's step-sister Whit was in town with her boyfriend Doug and they made us an awesome dinner.  We were also blessed with gorgeous weather this weekend so I tried to enjoy that as much as possible.

Saturday Cole and I laid out a little on our patio.  We watched my BFF Smash's black lab Lilly (a.k.a. the love of Bebop & Rambo's life).  Anyway, we threw the ball with her, watched the boys try and play keep away (their favorite game) and just enjoyed the nice weather.  We made it out for a quick run after that and then that evening headed out to one of my favorite places on earth (the LaBarne).  Now I know I have mentioned the LaBarne before it's this incredible apartment built above a barn that my bestie Tiff is staying at for the next few months.  She and I had a super fun night planned. First we headed to the Tennessee Valley Winery if you have never checked this little gem out you absolutely need to.  It's located in Loudon, Tennessee and in case you were wondering they are having a Cinco de Vino event next month.  Sounds pretty awesome.  Anyway, Tiff and I went to an after hours dinner. We tried delicious food and sampled a few of their wines.  All in all a fabulous evening.

Sunday, after church Cole and I had an awesome afternoon on the lake.  It was the first day that I have been out for more than two hours AND that it was actually warm and sunny.  Perfection.  Cole's sister and her husband joined us, as well as another couple and we had a blast soaking in the sunshine!
We were accidentally color coordinated with our Bubba kegs :)
Sunday night Cole and I tried out a recipe I found on Pinterest and have been dying to make. It did not disappoint.
Grilled Balsamic Chicken with pesto and mozzarella
I added fresh basil, Roma tomatoes and paired it with wild mushroom cous cous and asparagus.  Delish!

We had a wonderful relaxing weekend!!  I have a two day work week and then we are headed down to Destin for Tiff & Seth's wedding!!!  I am seriously so excited I can hardly stand it.  I can't wait to be reunited with my best friends and watch two of my favorite people say their vows!!!

Happy Monday Friends!!

xoxo,

No comments: