Monday, April 9, 2012

Our Easter.

This weekend was exactly what I needed.  Cole and I were able to finally spend some quality time together, see our families, and celebrate Easter the most important part.  Since I am married to a Realtor I give up plenty of nights and weekends to his clients.  It comes with the territory and I get it.  BUT every now and again I just really want to spend a weekend or a Saturday afternoon for that matter with my husband.  Thankfully, Easter weekend is usually a slow weekend for him which meant we could relax and spend some one on one time together.

I was lucky enough to have Friday off so Cole worked most of the day and then around 3:30pm we ventured out on the lake.  We brought the boys and just relaxed and soaked up some much needed vitamin D. We then met Cole's Dad and Grandparent's for dinner at Lakeside Tavern.  It was a gorgeous night and a delicious meal!

Saturday Cole and I headed over to his mom's house for an Easter egg hunt with our nephew Mason.  He was adorable and had a few of his friends over for the hunt. We enjoyed lunch on the patio and the absolutely gorgeous weather God blessed us with this weekend.  After lunch Cole and I headed out to Lenior City with his mom and step-dad and biked Tellico Village.  If you have never been up to Tellico Village is definitely worth the drive.  Great golf courses, fabulous views of the lake and parks everywhere.  It was a perfect afternoon to bike.  That night Cole and I headed out for a hott date night.  He took me to my favorite restaurant SunSpot and then to Ruth Chris for dessert. Perfection.

The next day was of course Easter Sunday.  We went to a great service at church and then met Cole's family for lunch. I always love getting together with family to celebrate such a special day.
Cole, myself, Cole's Dad, my SIL Bec, little Mason, and RyRy
Uncle Cole with Mason
Don't worry the excitement didn't stop here.  That afternoon Cole and I laid out on our patio and watched our dogs prance around our backyard (they were in heaven).  That night we headed over to my Mom's house for a Easter/Bday dinner.  Cole claimed the dinner was the "best meal he had ever had" seriously it was super good per usual.  It was so great to celebrate my sweet mom and spend time with family.

So there you have it!  Busy, fun, family weekend celebrating all of out many blessings and the hope we have in Christ!  Couldn't have been any better!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

xoxo,

No comments: