Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Frugalista Find

So I rarely talk about make up or beauty products that I use.  That's really because I am a creature of habit in this department.  I have been wearing the same makeup for the past three years. I know what I like and I keep coming back for more.  I am definitely what you would call "brand loyal."  Anyway, recently my hair dresser got me turned on to the Kerastase products....and when I say recently I mean she told me about them for over a year, sent me home with free samples every time I got my hair done (which I rarely used).

So finally I agreed to get a Kerastase treatment this winter.  Let's be honest I highlight my hair a lot and I need to do whatever I can to keep it in great shape.  So I did the treatment and LOVED it.  My hair felt awesome for like a month.  I seriously noticed a difference after it wore off.  So I was hooked.  She got me into the Fibre Architecte which is awesome and the the Masque Force Architecte which happens to be the most concentrated product that they sell so I am able to use it once a week.  Just another tid bit my hair dresser shared with me (love her!) Keratin stays in your hair for up to three washes.  So she recommended I alternate between my products.

So here's my frugalista find.  I am getting there I promise.  I was about to make the plunge and purchase the Kerastase shampoo and conditioner ($40.00 each) when I stumbled across this little ditty......
Keratin Infused Suave
Before you judge me for being cheap hear me out.  I would normally NEVER by Suave shampoo. Anything that is under $4.00 is probably complete crap and you know they say "you get what you pay for" well I firmly believe that especially with regard to hair products.  Anyway, the reason I did decide to take this chance is because a few years ago I discovered dry shampoo. I am obsessed.  I use it every day and it allows me to go a few days with out washing my hair (also good for keeping it in better shape). Anyway, dry shampoo is hard to come by and I ended up using a drug store product made by TRESemme.  After having multiple issues with my nozzle clogging I wrote TRESemme a stern letter (seriously it happened like 18 times) and decided to try something new. That's when I stumbled across Suave's dry shampoo and I figured why not?  If it sucks I am only out $3.00.  Anyway I LOVED it.  It is by far my favorite dry shampoo. So long story long that is why I decided to try the Keratin infused Suave products.  My review: I LOVE them.  My hair feels fabulous, it really does keep frizz away and it doesn't weight my fine locks down (my #1 issue in life).  So if you feel like saving some money you should definitely try this stuff out.  I am really glad I did and like I said if it sucks you are only out $8.00. ;)

Hope everyone has a fabulous hump day!

xoxo,

No comments: