I am so excited to finally have a second to post this. Our little man was one week old yesterday and it has already been the best week of my life.
Last Wednesday I was contracting (per usual) but I did feel as if things had kicked up a notch. I ran a few errands and decided to take it easy at the house. My Dr. had scheduled Bodie's delivery for October 18th. I was so far progressed he didn't think it would take long and we all know I love having a "plan" so I was totally in. That night Cole and I enjoyed an awesome steak dinner but my contractions still hadn't slowed down. After dinner I decided to sit on our couch to see if they would calm down. No such luck. I finally called my Dr knowing he would most likely tell me to come in.
Once we got to the hospital my contractions were coming every two to three minutes. My water broke at midnight and a mere three and a half hours later we welcomed our sweet little boy into the world. My labor was literally the easiest and quickest labor and I sit here a week later almost completely recovered. Kind of insane. My two full months of preterm labor and final three weeks of prodromal labor definitely prepped me for the big day.
Bodie was born a perfect 6lbs 2oz and 19.5in. I am so thankful I was able to carry him to almost 39 weeks. The entire experience was literally perfect and just proved to me once again how amazing God's plan is. Bed rest and early labor were so tough on me. It was extremely hard for me to keep faith but I prayed over and over that God would get me through it and He absolutely did.
Our first week at home has been incredible. We are the typical tired new parents but Bodie has the best temperament. He is super chill, rarely fusses, sleeps and eats great. We seriously hit the jackpot. God is incredibly faithful and our journey is such proof of that.
| Headed home from the hospital! GO VOLS!!! |
1 comment:
Oh my gosh he is so precious and you look amazing in every pic!!! Congrats to you both!
Post a Comment