We are just 7 weeks (or less) shy of meeting our second little boy and I am thrilled! The third trimester for me is always really really hard. My preterm issues make it border line miserable between frequent contractions and bed rest. But I always try to enjoy the quiet and the calmness. Everyone says it but it goes so quickly. The weeks and months pass before your eyes and each milestone flies by at a lightening speed. I am a big list maker and to-do list kind of girl. I have made lists, checked them off and I feel "ready" for our second baby. As ready as possible.
I did my research when deciding what we would need for a second little one. Having the same gender made things much easier, but today I am going to share my must-have's for baby #2.
ONE// Double Stroller. This was a must for me. I plan on taking the boys on walks every day that I possibly can. We absolutely love our BOB stroller and so the double BOB just made the most sense to me. I love that I can take it on the beach, in the woods, and that it's a great jogging stroller.
TWO// Aden and Anais bamboo swaddle blankets. These blankets are the best. We used them as soon as Bodie was born and he still naps with them today. I knew Kellen needed a few of his own. I highly recommend them. So soft and they hold up great.
THREE// Love to Dream Swaddle. I will be honest, this is a brand new product for me. We had challenges with keeping Bodie swaddled. His startle reflex was out of control but he hated having his arms pinned down. So we swaddled but he broke out of it A TON. When I saw this I had to give it a try. I think the fact that it gives the security of the swaddle but allows their arms to be up is huge. We will see.
FOUR// Aden and Anais bibs. This is another must have for me. Most of our burp cloths held up from Bodie but we definitely needed some new bibs. These Aden and Anais bibs are my absolute favorite.
FIVE// Fisher Price Rock n' Play. Another item that we didn't have with Bodie but I really wanted to try with baby #2. Bodie had really bad reflux so I love that the Rock n' Play is elevated already. It's portable and perfect for Kellen to sleep in the first few months.
SIX// Baby K'tan Carrier. A soft carrier was really high on my list for a second baby. We used a carrier some with Bodie but I knew I would need my hands free a LOT more with a second little one. I literally despise wraps, even though I think they look super cute. I just know myself and having to wrap something crazy around me while holding a newborn sounds super stressful. So I decided on the Baby K-tan. Same idea, no crazy wrapping.
SEVEN// Zip-up onesies. The best baby invention ever. I have no idea who decided tiny snaps would be a good idea on baby onesies. There is literally nothing worse at 2am then trying to snap teeny tiny snaps on a crying wiggling baby. I stocked up on these bad boys for the first few months.
EIGHT// Nursery basics. Changing pad, changing pad cover, humidifier, and noise maker.
Lastly, Diapers, wipes, diaper cream, gripe water, breast feeding essentials and bath products.
Happy Monday friends!!






No comments:
Post a Comment