Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dessert Heaven

This past week I have enjoyed TWO of the best desserts I have ever tasted.  Now I have to preface this by saying I am not really a dessert person.  I do not have a big sweet tooth (mainly I think because my mom didn't give me sugar until I was 2 years old) but either way my dessert preferences are pretty specific.  I love dark chocolate, peanut butter, coffee ice cream and brownies.  That's about it.  Anything else and I will pass.  So here's the deal.  I went over to my mom's for dinner Sunday night and she just so happened to whip up this:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake via
Holy moly this cake was sooooo good I had to find the recipe asap. My mom offered to make it again for my birthday celebration this weekend but I didn't want to ruin a good thing or gain 15 lbs this March.  :)

Anyway, onto the next dessert you can see this has been a very delicious week.  Last night Cole and I met one of his clients and good friends for dinner at Ruth Chris. 

I tell you what I had completely forgotten just how good Ruth Chris is.  My filet did not disappoint and when our waiter walked about with a chocolate torte I am going to be honest my first thought was I doubt I will like this but I will take a courtesy bite or two. Man was I wrong. Not only did I like it I LOVED it.  It was heavenly.  I stopped after devouring half of the cake for fear of a stomach ache but you better believe I took that bad boy home and will be enjoying it this evening.  One thing I have never done is take a dessert to go box....but hey there is a first for everything!

The scary part is that my birthday week hasn't even started and we all know what that means....desserts galore.  I think I am just going to consider March my dessert heaven month and move on with my life!

If you like dark chocolate and/or peanut butter I highly recommend the above dessert.  It will change your life.  It obviously changed mine. :)

Happy Thursday Friends!

xoxo,

No comments: