Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I LOVE New York! (Part 2)

So after a most fabulous Saint Patricks day I woke up to my official birthday.  28 and loving it! :)  Cole surprised me with GORGEOUS flowers and then we headed out to a delicious brunch in the Meat Packing district.  On our way to the restaurant we just so happened to walk past the Ganesvoort hotel (where the Kardashian's lived while in NYC) as well as the infamous pool that Samantha conned her way into and then got kicked out of on SITC. Awesomeness.
Bday flowers from Colston!
Ganesvoort hotel
Bday brunch with my love!
Brunch was seriously so good and from there we decided to stroll along 5th Avenue before Suze and I headed to the Sex in the City tour.  Clearly I was already super pumped about seeing the pool from above so I loved every minute of the tour.  We traveled all over NYC and got to see spot after spot of where the show was filmed.  Super cool.
Buddakan (where Carrie & Big had their rehearsal dinner)
Cosmos!

After our fabulous tour Suze and I met the guys and we headed to their buildings rooftop to enjoy the gorgeous view!  From there we made our way to Little Italy for an awesome Italian feast.  It was pretty much a perfect day and I couldn't have been happier to have spent it with such great friends and Colston of course. :)  

Colston & I
Awesome view
The next day we still had a full day before our flight left so Cole and I decided to head to Central Park for a run.  Something I have always wanted to do!  It was a GORGEOUS day and we got a great run in while making a few put stops to take pictures and document our experience.  After our run we headed to Battery Park to take a look at Ground Zero and the 9/11 memorial.  The view from Battery Park was unreal and we were able to see the Statue of Liberty.  After our eventful morning we stopped to get one more NYC pizza fix.  It did not disappoint.  We then headed back towards Suze&Matty's.  We ended right by Madison Square Garden and decided to stop at this awesome roof top restaurant for a drink.

Central Park
9/11 Memorial
Statue of Liberty
Freedom Tower
At this point we determined that we still had about 3 hours before we needed to head back to get ready for the airport so of course we HAD to fill our time.  We decided to walk to Union Square but upon arriving we realized we really had wanted to see Washington Square.  Still with time to kill we decided to walk there. It was at that point that we realized we were practically all the back to where we had been already that morning and really had not used our time or our legs very efficiently.  We also now had approximately 25 blocks to get back to Suze&Matty's.  At this point we were committed. We were walking back.  45 minutes later we finally made it back to Suze&Matty's with JUST enough time to scarf down food, shower off and head to the airport.  I am 100% certain we walked no less than 10 miles but it was awesome and a great way to make sure we left no part of NYC untouched.

and finally Washington Square

Our trip was unreal and I am so glad we were able to not only see so much of NYC but also spend some quality time with Suze&Matty!  Best trip ever!  Best birthday ever!


Happy Tuesday Friends!!


xoxo,

No comments: