Thursday, March 29, 2012

A little thing I like to call Spring Break

So somehow I forgot to post yesterday....crazy work week!  Anyway NYC was just the first half of a little thing called Spring Break that I enjoyed thoroughly last week. I am going to be honest I was extremely productive.  Ran about 100 errands preparing for up coming wedding showers this weekend as well as my BFF's wedding in approximately THREE weeks.  I also cleaned the house, stocked our house full of groceries, you get the idea.  By the time Friday rolled around I was more than ready to celebrate my last birthday dinner with Cole's family.  Oh I totally forgot to mentioned we had another bday dinner last Wednesday with his Dad and Grandparents that was super fun and clearly I am spoiled to death.

Anyway, Friday night we headed over to Cole's mom's for a delicious meal and time with his family.  We had the best time and after dinner Cole and I headed out to visit Tiff&Seth. Who are OFFICIALLY Knoxville (well Loudon) residents!!!!  Yippie!!!!  Anyway, Tiff&Seth are staying in an apartment on her parents property that is apparently a barn but looks NOTHING like one.  This apartment is awesome and I LOVE the LaBarne!  I can't wait to spend more time there this spring and summer. 

The next night Colston and I headed to the Knoxville Men's Cotillion Annual Ball at Cherokee Country Club.  We ate dinner with Cole's sister and her husband and had the best night mingling with friends and dancing the night away! 
Erin, myself and Bec
RyRy, Bec, Myself & Colston
The next day Cole and I had a perfect "last day of spring break" we slept in had a great lunch and then took the boys for a walk at the park and then out on the boat for a few hours.  It was a gorgeous spring day and it was great to relax and soak up some vitamin D. 
Rambo LOVES the boat
That night we grilled out these ridiculously good burgers, sweet potato fries and asparagus. Awesome meal.  After that we watched the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I know we are a little behind on this one.  Neither Cole or I read very much so we definitely did not read the book.  But we knew the movie had gotten great reviews and was also "very graphic." It was definitely all of the above but an awesome movie and a great way to end a wonderful break!

I hope everyone had a fabulous week.  Tomorrow I will discuss what all we have going on this weekend!  I just love spring!

Happy Thursday Friends!

xoxo,

No comments: