Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Grateful Heart

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since my last blog post!  Time has been seriously flying lately. Cole and I spent 8 days in Charleston, SC with his family last week and we had a fabulous time. Before I get into the beach details though there is really no way to start talking about the trip without explaining a serious event that happened mid-week.  In the midst of our tan lines and seafood stuffed bellies our week was interrupted by a pretty significant car accident. . .

[My father-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew were driving in downtown Charleston after an afternoon of shopping.  My sister-in-law was driving and was hit by a woman who ran a red light.  My father-in-law's HUGE XL Denali was totaled but luckily everyone inside was ok. The whole gang made a trip to the hospital to check out concussions, whip lash, and my sister-in-laws hand (it hit the windshield causing it to spider web, the windshield not her hand :) ).  Needless to say it was an intense afternoon but we were all so thankful that everyone was ok.  We left our totaled car in South Carolina and were able to get a rental car to take us home as well as a new car seat for my nephew (thank goodness for well made car seats!).]

We were definitely all pretty shaken up but still managed to enjoy the last few days of our trip.  I have tons of great pictures and the beach definitely wasn't a wash I just couldn't explain the fun times until I mentioned how thankful I am that everyone made it home in one piece.

I feel so fortunate to have my family close and safe and sound. Tomorrow I will be sure to pump up the excitement a little more and share lots of fun in the sun pics. :)

I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!

xoxo,

No comments: