I seem to be needing a LOT of these lately. But in the past two weeks I have taken Sunday to recuperate and take some very needed "me" time. Two weeks ago this was a three hour nap. Much needed. This past Sunday it was simply a day to get organized, spend time with my hubby, and tackle a few things on my to-do list.
First and foremost we started the day at church serving in the children's ministry. Something I love and has become an enormous part of our lives. Secondly we tackled some errands (house related and life related :)). Of course our "errands" ended with a trip by our new house. Going by the house always puts things in perspective and reminds me how fortunate we are to have the "stress" of buying and selling a home. Not to mention living with your parents for two months. :)
From there we finally took the Greenway bike ride we have been talking about doing for a month now. It was a gorgeous sunny afternoon and we were able to bike right out of my mom's backyard onto the Greenway. Exercise has never felt so good.
After that we had just enough time to knock out a house project that has been high on my list to do. We took a head board, night stand and shelf that I have had for years and had painted white before putting it in our first house. I have been dying to antique the furniture but never had the time to take it all apart. Cole fired up the hand sander and helped me knock it all out. I can't wait to see it all in the new house!
Finally, we finished the day with a delicious family dinner with my mom. There is really no way to describe a "family dinner" at my house. But I feel the need to try because it is no unreal. My mom makes everything fresh (generally from her garden out back). I might be baised but it is literally some of the best food I have ever eaten and it tops any 5-star restaurant in Knoxville. Not a bad way to end the weekend!
Happy Monday Friends!!
xoxo,

No comments:
Post a Comment