Thursday, August 30, 2012

Insert [Something Witty]. . .

Recently that is how I have felt towards blogging.  The past three weeks have been a whirlwind for me and let's not forget the 8 day vacay I took right before that.  That equals one whole month of sucking a blogging. Every time I contemplate drafting a blog post I come to a complete halt trying to thinking of something witty to say or discuss.  Then I decided I don't have time for this and move on.  Well I am trying to break that pattern.  So hang with me. This week has been full of high's and low's (what week isn't right?!) so for the sake of generating content here are mine:

High's: 
-Finding the perfect curtains for our master bedroom when I least expected it. This is a clutch find when it comes to decorating.  Now I can finally pick paint and accessories.  Boom.

-Sorry more house finds... but finding perfect chairs for our kitchen table for the incredible price of $10 each.  You heard me right.  They are nothing special right now but they are about to be. Pictures to come soon.

-Ridiculously delicious meal Tuesday night at Mom's.  Lamb kabobs, quinoa tabouli and balsamic asparagus.   Followed by flowerless chocolate torte.  Seriously, I can't make this stuff up. 
Lamb Kabobs. . . changed my life
-Finally watching the Hunger Games. I know. I know. Where have I been for the past 6 months?  But seriously, I feel like I can be a normal member of society again.

Low's: (get ready these are good)

-Leaving my cell phone at my mother-in-law's Tuesday night only to discover the mishap after leaving the gym.  Driving ALL the way to her house to discover she sent it home with my brother-in-law. 1 hour later and after a full tour of west Knoxville we were finally reunited again.

-Working a 19 hour day.  Yes that was yesterday. After leaving school after 9 pm last night I felt like I should really have just rolled in a cot and spent the night because I was back on campus at 7am this morning.

-Flu shot gone bad.  I decided to get my annual flu shot this week. Why not?  Well the darling shot had some creepy reaction and made my left arm swell up like I had a baseball inserted into my bicep.  Super awesome.

-Meeting 70 of my yearbook parents for the first time last night with the swollen bicep. I felt like LMFAO Sexy and I know it. . . "I work out!"

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week.

Happy Thursday Friends!!

xoxo,






No comments: