Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Powder Room Makeover

This past weekend I tackled a task that has been on my to-do list for quite some time.  Ever since I moved into our house I have been obsessed with our power room and all of the fun and creative things you can do to a powder room.  I feel like I can get away with a little more here because A. we don't use it that much B. it's a small space and C. it's generally meant for guests.  So I explored all kinds of wallpaper ideas for the walls and ultimately decided to go with a metallic paint.  Gold of course. Well the paint showed a little more than I would have liked (like imperfections in the walls, bad painting, etc.) Did I mention that I painted this room at approximately 8pm with a portable light?  Well I did.  Our electricity wasn't even on yet so with that being said the paint job wasn't perfect but I was pretty dang proud of it. Anyway, one of my best friends is like a faux painting/stencil genius. She has done some fabulous stuff to her house and so we went in on a stencil purchase together this past fall.  I had my eye on it for our powder room.

This past weekend Meg and I got to work on an accent wall in the powder room.  When I say got to work really SHE did the work because again she is like a professional at stenciling. But anyway, I am in love with the finished product and I can't wait to find another use for it. Nursery maybe??  We will just take one thing at a time. :)
Thank you Meg!!!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!!  Happy Tuesday Friends!

xoxo,

No comments: