Monday, June 10, 2013

Child of God

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name,
he gave the right to become children of God" John 1:12
 
From the outside it may seem like I have gotten lost in the excitement of having our sweet baby boy.  Don't get me wrong I am WAY excited.  However, there is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for this precious miracle.  It didn't come easy and the pain and frustration that I felt is not something you forget overnight. Is it all worth it?  Yes absolutely.  But I will never forget my feelings of disappointment and fear.
 
I still have numerous friends going through the fertility process and my heart goes out to them.  Not a day goes by that I don't pray for them and think about them.  As I go through my own pregnancy process there are obviously things that aren't the most fun.  But I constantly remind myself I could be on the other end again.
 
I wish I could say that after you are pregnant all of your fears go away.  But the truth is that's not the case.  It's like a stepping stone and with each milestone comes a new set of fears.  Will I stay pregnant?  Will my baby be healthy?  What if he doesn't survive?  What if there are birth complications?  Not to mention a whole other set once the baby is born.  As a mom I think you worry non-stop.... it's part of the job.  It would be naïve to think that we are exempt from some of life's biggest challenges.  Two year olds DO get cancer.  People do get in accidents.  Life can be taken from us at any moment.
 
I say all of this not to sound like a creepy Debbie downer but to paint a picture of the reality that we live in.  Thankfully, being grounded in faith gives me the reassurance I need. Our child, our little miracle baby boy, he is a child of God. I am forever thankful that God has allowed me to grow this baby. I hope more than anything that I will have the opportunity to watch him grow and teach him about life and the Lord.  Ultimately, I know that he is God's child and no matter how uncertain this life is he will always remain that way.
 
So with each bumpdate post, passing week, excitement about nursery décor and baby showers.  Please know I have not forgotten what it took to get us here and I am SO thankful for our miracle.
 
Happy Monday Friends!
 


No comments: