Thursday, June 27, 2013

FOUR Years of Wedded Bliss!

Today Colston and I have been married for FOUR years. Wow. This also marks the first year that we opted to stay home instead of venturing off to some exotic or fun destination. Which we have been fortunate to do because I have a fabulous MIL who is a travel guru.
Honeymoon in the Dominican

1st Anniversary in Playa Del Carmen

2nd Anniversary in CABO

3rd Anniversary in Chicago
Even though celebrating at home feels a little funny I couldn't be happier.  We are exactly where I have always wanted to be.  A marriage that we have built on our love for Christ, a beautiful home ready to build a family in, and of course expecting our first son.  To me, that is the most special anniversary gift of all.

I am a big proponent of "life goals."  Cole and I generally get out the old list around this time of year and revisit our plans for the future. I am a firm believer if you write something down it has a much higher chance of happening.  So far we are trucking right along with our "life goals" and I think this year it will be time to expand a bit more.  I am so thankful for all of the ways God has blessed our life and it is much more than we deserve.

So back to the anniversary.  Since I started this blog after our wedding I thought it would be fun to take a flashback. 
To June 27th, 2009 the day I married my soul mate!
Colston,
The past four years have been the best of my life.  I am so excited to start this next chapter.....parenthood!  I know it will be challenging, rewarding and most of all extremely fulfilling.  Thank you for being my PIC, my rock, my love and the greatest gift God has ever given me. 


 


No comments: