Thursday, June 13, 2013

Exciting Baby News!

Sorry for the overload of baby posts this week.  I promise to talk about something else next week.  But we did have quite the Dr. appointment yesterday and I had to share.  We went in for our big anatomy ultrasound.  I was super excited to check out little man and also a bit nervous.  Cole and I prayed non-stop that he would be healthy and everything would look ok.  The great news is that he did!  Everything looks perfect and healthy and there were NO concerns. Thank the LORD. 

Some other fun news, he is actually measuring FOUR days early! YAY!  Now if you know me well you know what a psycho planner I am. This due date is no different.  My Dr.'s have had a little trouble determining our due date because of my fertility treatments.  On one scale my projected due date was Oct 29th and on another it was Oct 25th. They went with the 29th to be safe.  I of course preferred the 25th.  For one it's earlier (no brainer), but it also happens to be one of my best friends birthdays.  I was born on my mom's best friends birthday so I am just REALLY into this idea.  I have also had a hunch my entire pregnancy that I was a touch farther along than my due date was projecting.  So when little Bodie man measured exactly 4 days early...let's just say it was music to my ears.

Now I am fully aware my due date is just an estimate.  Babies come on their own time.  Duh.  However, until then I will be tracking this pregnancy on my real due date.  Oct 25th and sending vibes to Bodie about our plan. :)

We got tons of great shots of every inch of his cute body yesterday but he was being a little tricky with his face shot.  Can't blame him. If you aren't used to looking at ultrasound pictures I will apologize in advance.  Yes he looks like an alien and yes these pictures are tough.  BUT if you look closely on the 3D pic you just might see an adorable shot of what we believe to be his Dad's nose! :) Very exciting!


Oh and just for the sake of keepin it real, we also had another fun surprise yesterday.  I have heard after your first trimester you shouldn't lay on your back for extended periods of time.  It cuts off the blood flow to your heart and can make you dizzy.  So how do they do this 50+ minute ultrasound??  On your back of course.  Thank goodness my SIL had warned me about this going into the appointment.  But about 40 minutes in, I looked at the tech and said "is it normal to feel nauseous?"  To which she said "yes that can happen, we will take a break in a minute." Two minutes later I said "yeah I need that break." I sat up and the lights went out. I straight up fainted on the ultrasound table.  Three Dr.'s rushed in, took all sorts of vitals.  I wasn't responding until Cole gave me a little "love tap" on the cheek which snapped me back to life.  I quickly requested a trash can so I could throw up, followed by a snack.  Thankfully that brought me back. Quite the adventure.  Poor Cole was terrified.  Never a dull moment in human making I tell you.

Happy Thursday Friends!!

No comments: