Friday, August 9, 2013

BUMPDATE: 29 Weeks!

How Far Along? 29 weeks
Trimester?  Third
Size of the Little One? 15.2-16.7 inches, the size of an acorn squash.  (Bodie weighed 2lbs 12 oz this week and he is in the 50th percentile :) )
Maternity Clothes? Still a combo but leaning towards maternity these days.  The bump is growing rapidly and maternity is much more comfortable.
Weight Gain? 15bs
Stretch Marks? Still good but my stomach is looking pretty stretched (without the marks, knock on wood)
Gender? BOY
Name? Bodie Wilden Edwards
Sleep? Sleeping great. Bodie is active before I fall asleep, occasionally in the middle of the night and then again in the morning.  I am praying this means he will be a good sleeper.
Craving/Aversions? Cravings: Lemon greek yogurt, lemon sparking water, steak, ice cream, brownies.   Aversions: spicy food, Mexican food, onions, and garlic.
What I Miss? I feel a little handicapped these days. I will explain below.
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks (hoping these calm down), frequent urination, lower back pain, overall achiness.
Best Moment?
Well, again for the sake of keeping it real.....as you may or may not know I am at risk for premature labor.  My Dr. is watching me closely. Last week was a good week, this week not so much.  SO I have been put on a hormone supplement that according to my Dr. will "buy me some time" our goal for right now is to get me to 36 weeks. I am also on "restricted activity" which just basically means no exercise, lifting, cleaning, etc. Lots of couch time. :)

Bottom line.  Bodie is healthy and I am confident that we are going to be just fine. God has gotten me this far against the odds so I am not going to give up faith now.  Premature labor could put Bodie at risk for a number of health issues and obviously we don't want that. All of this aside my best moment this week was feeling confident in our Dr.  I am thankful they are taking precautions and I know this is all part of the plan.

Happy Friday Friends!

No comments: