Friday, August 23, 2013

BUMPDATE: 31 Weeks



How Far Along? 31 weeks
Trimester?  Third
Size of the Little One? 15.2-16.7 inches, the size of a pineapple.  (Bodie weighed 3lbs 3 oz this week)
Maternity Clothes? Well, all of the cute maternity clothes I ordered for work have been collecting dust in my closet.  For now I am sticking to leggings (maternity and non) and t-shirts (mostly maternity). 
Weight Gain? 15 lbs
Stretch Marks? So far so good but my belly button is getting more stretched which is weird to see (still an innie though).
Gender? BOY
Name? Bodie Wilden Edwards
Sleep? I think I have finally embarked upon the bad sleeping part of pregnancy.  Which can I say at 31 weeks I am pretty lucky. Right now it's like every other night I sleep and I am getting up a stupid amount to use the restroom since little man is so low. I also have some contractions when I sleep which is just annoying.
Craving/Aversions? Cravings: Summer salads, steak, pizza, ice cream.   Aversions: garlic.
What I Miss? I am a little bummed to be missing the first football game next weekend.  I was totally prepared to sit 80% of the season out but I was planning on going to the first two games.  Like I said, I'm a little sad but I will get over it.
Symptoms? When I say frequent urination I literally use the restroom every 15-30 minutes (not exaggerating) which is part of preterm labor treatment (keeping your bladder empty), uterus irritability (which means I have contractions or my stomach feels rock hard throughout the day).  Some intestinal cramping and/or general uncomfortableness after I eat from everything being so tight in there.
Best Moment?
Seeing our little man for his growth ultrasound this week.  I literally look at his pictures constantly to remind myself of the precious baby I am keeping inside.  Also, each weekly milestone means so so much more to me now.  Battling preterm labor is not fun but I am thankful that I am able to do just that...battle it.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

i hear you on being sad about missing games...it's hard, BUT i promise worth it in return!! just think, Bodie will be here soon to sport some adorable UT threads ;)

rest up lady!! OXOX