So you would think I would have even more time for blogging now that I am confined to our house and on bed rest. The truth of the matter is that it's taken me a bit to get used to my "new reality."
The good news is that I am always able to see God's plan unfold in my life even when it doesn't quite make sense. This was a HUGE curve ball for me, taking a leave from work about 2 months before I had planned on it. But it has forced me to delegate and ask for help WAY sooner than I would have and I am hoping my job is covered even better in my absence because of it.
So what I have I been up to? Well bed rest honestly isn't as brutal as people think. If you had told me 2 weeks ago that I would need to go on bed rest (which my Drs did mention, but that's besides the point) I would have said haha yeah ok. Frankly, it was going to take a freaking ton to get me on bed rest. My type-A, control freak personality doesn't have time for bed rest. There were way too many things that needed to get done.
If you know anything about what I do you know I work at a school. Year round, but I still work at a school and last week my friends was our first week of school. Can you imagine a worse time to be dragged off to the hospital for preterm labor??? Well there wasn't. But I survived. So did my job.
Basically from the day I got out of the hospital I realized I no longer felt the same as I had a week prior. I was increasingly aware of the contractions I have throughout the day, I understood now that the weight I felt in my lower abdomen was Bodie's head as he has already "dropped" in position for labor, not to mention I realized how critical these next few weeks would be to his growth. Bed rest no longer seemed like an inconvenience it was a necessity.
So, the bottom line is I am doing fine. I am reading and working a ton and resting my body. I finally feel some relief from the antibiotics I have been on for my BV infection. My contractions have gotten less frequent (they are still here) but I now understand I have a irritable uterus on my hands. Not to mention I am still dealing with my ever short cervix (this past week I was already 50% effaced but not dilated yet thank goodness).
It is what it is. I have started referring to the above 3 as my preterm triple threat. :) They all put me at risk for having this baby early and I now understand each of them better and how critical this time is. Not to mention I feel like I am walking around with a bowling ball in my abdomen ready to fall out. I bet the thought of that makes you want to sit down too.
So for now, I am doing just fine. Bodie is growing, I am holding him in and we are taking things one week at a time. I appreciate all of the sweet messages and prayers. God has us in the palm of his hand and I have never been more at peace about something in my life.
Happy Hump Day Friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment