Monday, August 5, 2013

Splurge or Steal: Beauty Products

I was thinking this week about how awesome it is to find a "drug store" beauty product that really works.  I have my fair share of beauty product splurges but I love a good deal too.  I thought I would share some of my favs.

Hair care
Splurge: Kerastase Paris. My fav is the volumizing line for fine hair.  The masque is a life saver and I use it once a week.
Steal:  Since the Kerastase masque stays in your hair for two shampoos or so I alternate with a less pricy shampoo and conditioner.  I am obsessed with Suave's keratin infusion shampoo.  It's super cheap but does a great job.  I also use the dry shampoo from this line so I can go a day or two between washes.
Make-up
Eye shadow splurge: I am incredibly brand loyal and if something works for me I rarely change it.  I have been using Mac eye shadow since college, true story.  I have a few go-to colors and I love them.

My two favorites are Jest and Tempting.  The compliment each other really well and help give my big blue eyes dimension.

Steal:  Even though I LOVE my Mac shadow I have found a cheaper alternative that works great too. This shimmer stripes palette from Physician's Formula is a great option to have around as well.
Eye liner splurge: Once again being a big Mac fan, the Mac Pro Longwear Eyeliner is fabulous in my book.
Steal: However, I also LOVE Maybelline's Unstoppable Eyeliner.  It's a fraction of the price and works great!
Powder Splurge:  I also love to shop at Sephora for makeup.  I love the variety.  The Sephora brand Due Mat Powder Foundation has been a staple in my make-up bag for years as well.
 



Steal:  BUT I have discovered a cheaper option that I really like as well. Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder works just as well and again is a fraction of the cost.

So there you have it!  I hope my finds help.  Even though I am a creature of habit I always like finding a new deal.  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

No comments: