Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baby Gear 101: Feeding & Bathing

Seriously, I wasn't kidding when I said there was a ton of baby gear you apparently "need."  I tried really hard to consolidate and not over register because I hate clutter but somethings are just a necessity (or so I hear).  Here's what little man apparently needs to make sure he is well fed and bathed.

Breast Pump:  Yep.  Gotta have it.  I am going back to work soon after the baby is born since I have literally used my entire maternity leave on bed rest.  Awesome.  I had fantasies of spending three blissful months at home with the little dude but that's not going to happen.  SO a breast pump is even more critical.  We chose the Medela InStyle Backpack. Apparently it's the bomb.  We will see.
Bottles:  Everything is complete trial an error with babies but again since I am going back to work I have no choice but to introduce a bottle.  Not to mention I am pretty sure I will be chomping at the bit to let someone else feed my baby every 2-4 hours. We went with Medela bottles as well as Dr. Browns.  They seem to be a fan favorite and my Dr. said they were the best for preemies.  Enough said.

Pacifiers: I have literally no clue how this is going to go down.  Some babies LOVE pacis, some hate them and there are approximately 7,000 brands.  So I went with the recommendation of my close friends and stocked up on a few of these guys.
Bottle warmer:  I still not convinced we are going to use one of these but I figured better safe than sorry.  I had multiple friends tell me that the Dr. Browns warmer didn't last and I should just go with a more basic store brand warmer.  So that's what we did.

Drying rack:  Can't wait to put this little ditty on my counter (can you sense the sarcasm). But, I know when the time comes I wont care.  So instead of the little grass deal that everyone loves I went with a simple white drying rack.
Sterilizer:  Now this I am really excited about.  People say you can go without one but with a potential preemie on my hands I don't want to risk it.  Not to mention I love to sterilize.  I plan on using this thing for just about anything I can get my hands on.
**  I also stocked up on the Medela Steam Clean bags.  You can literally use these guys up to 20 times and they go in the microwave.  Sounds amazing.
Breast Feeding Products: I heard great things about the Lansinoh brand.  So I went with their storage bags, lanolin cream, and nursing pads.


Bath Tub: I sure hope we like this guy.  After reading multiple reviews on bath tubs (yes I am serious) I landed on the 4 Mom's Infant Tub.  The number one reason, dirty water flows out and clean water flows in. SOLD.
Bath products:  After hearing that America's favorite brand Johnson & Johnson (Aveeno) had carcinogens in it (yes I am serious) I decided going organic/chemical free was a must. They don't smell as great but I really don't care.  I have stocked up on BabyGanics Shampoo, lotion, diaper cream, etc.
We also were gifted cute bath robes, monogrammed hooded towels, etc. which I am obsessed with.  I can't wait for bath time with our little man.

Happy Hump Day Friends!

1 comment:

Elena @ baby Ridley bump said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine having to decide on all of this stuff!! Looks like you've done a good job though! Kudos!!