Friday, May 11, 2012

Dear Mom

I definitely don't tell my Mom often enough how much I love and appreciate her so I thought I would take today to do just that.  Here are some of the many reason's I love her. . .

** She always has a sense of urgency (hmm sounds a lot like me).  Either way large or small if you ask Mom for help she gets it done and she does it pronto.  Something I highly appreciate and am happy it's a trait I picked up as well.

** Her love language.  Clearly my Mom and I are very similar so it's no surprise that we share the same love language "acts of service." I highly appreciate this. For example the other night my mom OFFERED to take my dogs on a walk because Cole and I had to work late.  After she was done walking them I got this text: "boys fed, your chicken is in the fridge, flowers watered, oh and btw your toilet was running in the guest bath so I fixed it" I mean is she for real??? Yes. Yes she is and I love it!

** she is a FABULOUS cook. Like gourmet chef.  My brother and I are extremely spoiled when it comes to good food. Just the other day Cole was telling someone about my Mom's cooking and he said something along the lines of "Joy's mom is an incredible chef, like I would rather eat at her house than ANY restaurant in Knoxville.  She is better than Ruth Chris." The thing is he meant every word.

** She is extremely patient.  My brother and I are both pretty moody people.  Especially around our family (you know how that goes your best and worst qualities come out around family and there is no sugar coating it). Mom is always so incredibly patient with our moods and there are plenty of occasions where I am sure we deserve a good drop kick.

** She is incredibly hard working. The words "hard working" are an understatement here.  Mom is one of the hardest working people I know.  Whether it be in the office, on her house, in the garden, kitchen whatever there is no task too large for mom.  When I was in college she walked into my  dorm room with a power drill and single handedly put the loft for my bed together. She is a bad-A.  That is probably why her nickname is B-A.

** This week I found myself acting exactly like my Mom doing one of my largest pet peeves.  When I call my Mom (and it's usually for the most random thing on the planet ex. last night I called her to get confirmation that if one strawberry in the package had mold on it could I in fact eat the others). Anyway, if she doesn't answer she will then realize I called and call me back MULTIPLE (3-4 times) until she gets me.  Usually at this point I have gotten the answer to my question and now moved onto something else so I see this as an annoyance. I did the EXACT same thing to Cole this week and realized as I was stalker dialing him that I was worried about him and this must be how my Mom feels. Whoa.

So that is just the tip of the iceburg but I am so fortunate to have such a loving, generous, hard working, BA of a Mom!  I hope I can follow in her footsteps :)

Happy Mother's Day weekend Mom!

Love you!

xoxo,

No comments: