Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Live, Love & Travel

Well I am not quite sure how to follow up my creppy dark post from yesterday but it was honest and that's about all I've got. So I am going to try to turn things around with a verse I posted on FB this weekend:

"Consider it great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance" James 1:2-3

My bible study group is currently studying the Beth Moore study on James and while doing my bible study Saturday morning this verse really stuck out to me. So anyway I wanted to move away from fertility and talk about one of my other favorite topics home decor. :)  This weekend I moved some furniture around like I mentioned yesterday.  Anyway, I am still getting used to the change but so far I really like it. I moved a vanity and mirror into our bedroom nook which had previously housed my office.  I got ready there this morning and I just have to say I have never felt more "glamorous" haha. There's something about having your own area to get ready in.  Here is sneak peak. It still needs some work but I plan on making it my own special area.
I also tackled another project that had been on my to-do list for quite some time.  Ever since we bought our house I have wanted to create a "travel wall."  Cole and I love to travel and have made it priority in our life our entire relationship but especially since we got married. I love coming home from a trip and looking back at pictures to relive the experience. The problem is they often sit in albums or a picture box and can easily be forgotten.  Especially at this point in my life I am excited to look back at all of the places we have been.  SO I created our "travel wall." The pictures go back almost 8 years to when we were in college and it's literally my new favorite part of the house.  I put the wall in our little bedroom nook so it's also private and for our eyes only to see.  I was joking with Cole that we may creep out our guests if they had to look at our "shrine." Anyway, here it is:
Then lastly, what's a girl to do when she is feeling a little blue?  Go shopping of course.  So I did and I found a fabulous mirror for above our bed. Take a look!
Anyway, yes those were the highlights of my four day weekend.  I sure do love decorating and finding small projects in our house. I hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far!

Happy Tuesday Friends!

xoxo,



 

No comments: