Monday, January 28, 2013

Our Baby Journey: Breaking Through

This past weekend I had what I would like to call a "break through" on our journey.  I was finally able to go from "saying the right things" to "believing the right things."  There's a huge difference.  But this didn't happen easily let me just tell you. Since I am on a quadruple dose of fertility meds I have some pretty extreme side effects.  Including mood swings and nausea.  The nausea lasted for 75% of the day every day and the mood swings....let's just say I looked like an excerpt from a Real Housewives episode.  Poor Cole.  Anyway, after my Housewife meltdown I came home to a package in the mail.  Thank the Lord.  A book a friend had told me to order came in and man was it what I needed.

The book Plan B "What You Do When God Doesn't Show Up the Way You Thought He Would." The book is written by a pastor in Nashville and it's a great read.

At first I thought the title sounds interesting and I could definitely relate.  It wasn't until I got knee deep in the book however that it started to click.  As a Christian I have always known that God has a plan for my life.  I have always trusted and prayed for His plan to work out in my life.  What's hard though is when things don't go they way you would like them to.  It is incredibly hard not to wonder why and start blaming yourself.  That's where this book really helped.  It reminded me that God didn't promise us that our lives would be without hard times.  The bible has story after story with examples of lives being pretty dang hard.  But what he does say is that through our pain he will bring joy.  One way or another.  Our tough times are often when God can help strengthen our faith.  If we will let him.  If we can truly believe that His will whatever it is will bring joy at some point and this tough stuff is only temporary we can move on.  That's kind of the whole point right?  As Christians we aren't exempt from tough times we are just supposed to handle them different because of our faith.  We can't possibly do that though without God's help.

So yeah I had a great "break through" this weekend and I am so thankful.  But it didn't come without a big ole mess. That's just life.

Happy Monday Friends!

xoxo,


No comments: