Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our Baby Journey: More Drugs

Check out the back story here, here and here

In November of this past year I was ready to take round two of my little friend clomid. My Dr. had already bumped up the dosage to 100 mg and I was optimistic.  This time no dumb ovulation tests I would actually go in the office for an ultrasound on day 13 to check my "follicle size."  From there he was recommending if my follicle sizes looked large enough Cole was to give me a shot of HCG (also known as a trigger shot) and then he wanted to do what is called an IUI (Intrauterine Insemination). Nothing major.

We went in for our first ultrasound and my follicles were teeny tiny not to mention my estrogen level was at an all time low. We would not be moving forward.  Maybe next month. In December on 150 mg of clomid we went through the same drill. We went in for my ultrasound and although my follicles were a bit larger my estrogen was still painfully low.  My Dr. called me and told me to take the holidays off and we would revisit our plan of action in January.

I already knew what this meant because being the planner that I am I had already grilled my Dr. on what we would do next if things didn't work.  The answer: one more round of the ole clomid 200 mg.  I also knew that most likely the last round of clomid would not work (like the others) and that fertility injections were in our near future.  Hold on while I sell my car.

Happy Thursday Friends!  I for one am hoping we get some snow today!!


xoxo,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog and although we have never met, I have faced the same troubles. Its been a comfort reading your blog because you are able to put into words what so few of my friends do not understand. All of my friends my age have children and had zero trouble having them. It just worked for them! I took the clomid and it did nothing for me. Each month I went in for my ultrasound and my overaries had done nothing. So frustrating! Anyways I just wanted to thank you for sharing this blog and know its been a blessing to me to just feel like Im not alone in this journey.