So as you know I have started to document our fertility struggles on the blog. Mainly because I never thought it would be this much of a struggle and there wouldn't be this long story. However, it is and it has been a long year and half process. This is a much easier way to fill my friends and family in as well. I wrote a brief intro here and today I will take it back to the beginning...
When Cole and I first got married kids were a serious buzz word. I mean it's like you walk down the aisle and then immediately people are like "when are you having kids!?" I for one had no interest in having kids any time soon and stuck with the standard answer "3-5 years." I am a psychotic planner and wanted to find out everything and anything I could about this whole "kids" thing. My next plan of action was to travel and have as much fun as humanly possible while we were still "newlyweds." I just have to say Mission Accomplished. It was actually on our second wedding anniversary trip in Cabo when the whole kids things came up. We started talking about names and all of that jazz and I just about went into a panic attack. Kids made me very nervous. I was not ready.
So from there we went on with our lives until one night I was enjoying a glass of wine with the girls when my friend M told me how she had been off the pill for over a year before she got pregnant with her now son and one of the cutest babies I know. Interesting I thought. She explained how fabulous it was and I was tempted. What did we have to lose? We wouldn't DIE if we got pregnant right? I had just celebrated my 27th birthday complete with a gold theme birthday bash, a trip to Asheville with the hubs and then we were planning to go to Cabo that summer. Life was good. What the heck.
So I did. Then I waited. And waited. I didn't have a period for EIGHT months. I wanted to ignore it but I knew better. It was time to go to the Dr.
My Dr. gave me meds to start the whole cycling deal and I had no success. He gave me more. Nada. So it was now time to go see a fertility specialist. I couldn't believe it. I was 27 with no major health problems... why was this happening??
The appointment was supposed to take 2-3 months to get. But to my dismay there was a cancellation and they were able to get me in the next week. It took one more round of meds and I finally had a period.
During our next appointment, the fertility specialist proceeded to give Cole and I a long explanation that sounded like a foreign language. Somewhere in there he mentioned "you will have to stop running." I immediately tuned out anything else that he said. I wasn't going to stop running. This was insane. We weren't even trying to have babies. I just needed a dang period. So, after learning that I was in no hurry to start a family the specialist put me back on the pill for the time being. Just my luck.
Happy Friday Friends!
xoxo,



No comments:
Post a Comment