Thursday, January 10, 2013

Our Baby Journey

Well the title gives it away but yes Cole and I have started down our own personal "baby journey" I wish I could say I have some exciting news, or that we are "thrilled to take this next step."  Unfortunately our baby journey has been more of a baby challenge.  A fertility challenge if you will.  Now before I go into too much detail I wanted to start by saying Cole and I are incredibly blessed.  Like seriously.  Our life in my eyes is pretty much perfect so this baby thing, well it make sense.  Everyone deserves a little challenge in their life. How else would we grow?  I also want to say that I am so thankful for faith and my trust in Jesus Christ.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that this would be a much darker and lonely road if I didn't have the comfort of knowing my life is in His hands.  Frankly His hand has been apparent since day one of this trial. He has yet to waver.  I feel His presence in every decision we make and even though we have yet to receive "good news" I still have faith.

One of the most apparent ways God has blessed me has been through all of the wonderful people he has put in my life the past few years.  From my BFF from college moving back to Knoxville who is never too busy to hear every detail of this mess in my life.  She is genuinely interested, asks questions and probably understands as much about this process now as I do.  Next, a few years ago God put a remarkable friend in my life. She's loud, she wears lots of bright colors and she has an infectious personality.  Did I mention she WORKS in a fertility clinic.  Such a God sent.  Before I even knew I had issues He was preparing my journey for me.  Then there is my sweet friend who without even knowing it made me start dealing with my fertility issues. A simple conversation between her (a new mom) and myself literally changed the course of my life. Then there is my soul mate friend. The one who never says much but doesn't need to.  I know she is the first person I can call when I need to take my mind off of this junk. Then, of course my lifelong best friend/sister.  Even though she doesn't live close to me anymore she knows me better than I know myself. I can't tell you how invaluable her advice, insight and support has been throughout this process.  Lastly, my family. Everyone.  My parents, Cole's parents, grandparents, everyone has been in our corner praying for us non-stop.  Their support definitely gives me a strong sense of encouragement.

So with all of that being said I about to embark on a pretty candid series of posts explaining our battle with infertility.  Not because I want sympathy but because this blog is an outlet for me.  It's a way to document my life and frankly this IS my life.  I also want to raise awareness of infertility issues.  I have been fortunate to discover my issues early on but not everyone is so lucky. 

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday!

xoxo,



No comments: