"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." -Frederick Keonig
June 1st....what can I say? I can hardly believe how fast May flew by. I love the month of June for multiple reasons:
1. It's finally summer! In fact June 21st is the 1st true day of summer! Fantastic!
2. It's my anniversary! I've mentioned it enough but June 27th will be our 2 year anniversary....can't wait to celebrate!
3. Summer hours at work officially started this week! I am already enjoying that extra hour of sleep!
Last night Cole and I had a fabulous date night! We had a crazy weekend filled with great friends and family so it was nice to just relax the two of us. We made a fantastic meal at the house and just enjoyed each other's company. Steph's parents gave us salmon that her Dad caught in Alaska. Can we say unreal??? I actually went out a bought a cedar plank so we could grill it. I couldn't find the wraps that I was raving about so I went with the plank. Lesson learned......do not leave cedar plank unattended on the grill. Cole may have left the plank on for a minute or two too long and the entire piece went up in flames. Luckily the salmon wasn't on it yet so we moved on rather quickly. I used a marinade on the fish that a generally use on chicken. I highly recommend it. It's a citrus marinade. I paired the fish with parmesan rissoto and broccoli.... it was delish!
![]() |
| Parmesan Risotto |
Tomorrow Cole and I have our final step in becoming members at our church! I can't wait. This has been a great process and I have already grown so much...I am looking forward to seeing where God takes us next. This weekend we have an engagement party for one of my best guy friends and his sweet finance. Looking forward to celebrating with them! Saturday Cole will be banging his hammer working on a local Habitat for Humanity house. Then Sunday we have a hike planned in the Mountains. Yes friends I am going back for more! We are planning on hiking Gregory's Bald if we can stand the heat. It has literally been in the 90's for days now. Gregory's Bald is supposed to have gorgeous azaleas in June so I can't wait to check it out!
| Gregory's Bald Azaleas |
Happy Hump Day Friends!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment