I hope everyone had a wonderful father's day yesterday! I sure did. For some reason father's day this year was a little different for me. It got me to thinking about how fortunate I am to not only have a wonderful father but also that he is healthy and living close by. Cole and I spent the day celebrating all of the father's in our life. We had a great lunch with his dad and grandfather and then spent dinner with my dad.
[Disclaimer: this is going to be a little deep and serious post today.]
Two things really stuck out to me yesterday though. I was leaving Lakeshore park where I took Bebop & Rambo for a short walk to kill sometime while our house we being showed. While turning out of the parking lot I happened to look up at the cemetery across the street and couldn't help but notice all the balloons, flowers and people. It took me a minute to realize what was going on and when I did I was overwhelmed with gratefulness. On father's day I was able to visit with my dad face to face. These people didn't have that chance but I know that they were still celebrating the wonderful memory of their fathers. I can't imagine what it is like to lose a parent. I have a few close friends who have though and I am constantly amazed by their positive attitudes, strength and ability to just simply cherish the good times. It's pretty incredible and something I respect more than I can really put into words.
The second thing that hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday was while Cole and I were watching the movie Taken. Which happened to be on back to back last night. What an awesome father's day movie right? If you haven't seen Taken, well ya need to. It's pretty awesome. Here's the gist: A retired CIA agent finds out his daughter has been kidnapped while on a trip to Europe with one of her best friends. She is taken by this awful group of men and is sold into prostitution. Like the worst case scenario. The movie is awesome because the father's perseverance and dedication to finding his daughter is unreal and reminds you how much parents care for their children. In one of the very last scene's where the father finally gets to and saves his daughter she is in utter shock and through her tears she exlaims "you came for me!?" and he replies "I told you I would." It's heart wrentching and incredible and ulitimately it reminded me of how God looks at us. Even in the absolute worst case scenario of our life He is always there with open arms to save us. Pretty awesome moment.
Happy father's day to all of the wonderful father's out there. In particular my sweet dad.
xoxo,


No comments:
Post a Comment