Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hello Summer!

Apparently today is the FIRST day of summer!  Who knew?  I am not going to lie I felt like we kicked summer off a good month ago but for the sake of sticking with the hard cold facts here are 10 reasons why I am super pumped it's summer time!

1. It was 81 degrees at 9am this morning.  While that doesn't sound majorly appealing I appreciate the heat of the summer and I also appreciate that it doesn't last ALL year long.

2. Our anniversary falls in the summer!  It's actually ONE week from today and Cole and I will be celebrating from the lovely city of Chicago!  Can't wait!

3. Patios.  There is no better time to enjoy a patio than the summer.  Whether it's a girls get together, dinner with friends, or a afternoon pool party you can find me on a patio.

4. The lake.  Also one of my favorite summer past times. Sunshine, water, and a nice breeze from the boat.  Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in East Tennessee.

5. Vacations. Summer is always a great time to plan a little vacay. This summer Cole and I are taking a quick trip to Chicago as well as spending a week at the beach!

6. Cookouts.  Something about summer just makes me crave grilling out.  We do it multiple times a week and I absolutely LOVE it.

7. July 4th.  I love a good holiday and I one of my favorites happens to fall during the summer. Fireworks, usually a good lake day, and time with friends??  Don't mind if I do!

8. Wedding season.  Wedding season usually kicks off in the spring and goes well into the summer and fall.  A great reason to celebrate love and the union between friends!

9. Longer days.  Who doesn't love that it can be almost 9 o'clock at night and still light out?  Makes the days feel longer and more productive!

10. Summer clothes. Flip flops, wedges, sundresses, rompers.  Just a few of my favorite go-to's during the summer months!

Now get out there and enjoy some sunshine!  Happy summer friends!!!!

xoxo,


No comments: