Friday, September 14, 2012

Gator Hater

Hate is a strong word. . . so I am going to try and use it "lightly." If possible. You could say I have a strong dislike for the Florida Gators.  This did not happen over night.  Years and years have fueled this fire.  Let's take a look:

Case 1: My senior year of college I took a road trip to Gainesville to watch the Vols play Florida.  My best friends Suze & Tiff were Pres & VP of our ADPi chapter at the time so they used their connections to hook us up with a place to stay in a house with a nice group of Florida ADPis. The Florida fans however were not as friendly. While tailgating one fine Florida fan chose to urinate on one of us. Seriously.  Next we were told to "go back to Nashville" to which I responded "we're from Knoxville you jack-a**, get your cities straight." My friends were shocked because up until this point I had remained cool, calm and collected in the midst of the mayhem. The Vols unfortunately did not pull out a win that day and we were all SO miserable that instead of staying one more night we loaded up the car and drove ALL night back to Knoxville.  We couldn't have gotten out of that hell hole quicker.
outside the ADPi house...the nicest place on campus.
Case 2: Two years later for whatever reason I decided to make the trip back down to Gainesville. This time with Cole and a group of his friends. The fans were just a terrible, it was 150 degrees, and we lost miserably. Absolutely one of the worst football games I have ever watched. I will never go back.  I repeat, never.

Case 3: I lived in Orlando, FL my first year out of college.  I did what any UT fan would do and decked my car and self out in orange and white any chance I got. I was harassed on a daily basis.  The most memorable being the Monday after the game in case 2. Brutal.

So it's safe to say the if it was up to me the Vols would be out for blood tomorrow. I kid. I kid. Or do I?

Regardless it's the first time in a LONG time that the Vols are ranked and have a chance at all to beat the Gators. So GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday!!! Have a great weekend!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

xoxo,

1 comment:

Regena said...

I was at the 150 degree game too and will gladly join in on your Gator-hating. Go Vols!