Monday, November 14, 2011

Living Life to the Fullest

This weekend was such a breath of fresh air.  Literally.  The Farm was everything is always is and a touch more due to the new cottage we were so blessed to enjoy all weekend long.  Like a true family vaca Cole and I each got to bring a friend along :) So I of course brought Smash and he invited his good friend Wildo (who by the way just got done hiking the AT. True story).

Anyway, after getting in late Friday night Smash and I whipped up a delicious batch of Chicken Zucchini Arrabiata over spinach noodles.  This is one of Smash's creations and one of my all time favorite meals.  We then all sat up and chatted while relaxing in the comfy cottage.  The next morning the pups were up and at em bright and early so we were all forced to join them.  The boys were off to scout some deer and Smash and I did what we do best. . .breakfast casserole.  Duh.  After a fabulous feast the four of us decided to go on a small hike on the Appalachian Trail right next to the Farm.  It was a gorgeous day and we got some awesome pictures.  All three dogs made the hike as well and we ended at Dismal Falls one of my favorites spots at the Farm.
On our way to hike the AT (Smash, myself & Wildo)
The whole gang
After our hike Smash and I decided to take the camera around the farm and get some photos of the dogs.  We literally took a billion so I will have to share them tomorrow but here's a quick preview:
Rambo is so photogenic
Pretty Lily
Bebop & Rambo. . .BFF
Bebop & Rambo
Cole and I have also been trying to find time and a good spot to take our family photos for our Christmas card.  Obviously you don't get much better than the Farm so we decided it was a perfect place.  Thankfully both Smash and Wildo happen to be fabulous photographers and even better friends. :)  We took a lot of these too and I am still making the final decision on which one to use.  BUT here is a quick preview:


We had a little fun while taking family photos of course. . .
Wildo getting a little swinging action in
Colston
Saturday night we made a huge bonfire (or Cole and Wildo did), had a wienie roast (hot dogs only :) ) and made smores.  Both of which were delicious.  The next morning we had another breakfast feast complete with breakfast casserole, bacon, eggs and biscuits.  Then we were off to hike Angel's Rest a gorgeous hike about 30 minutes away from the Farm in Pearisburg, VA.  The hike was all up hill and seriously kicked my butt but the view was totally worth it and so was watching our littlest wiener dog Rambo hike the entire thing as well!!
Angel's Rest

Smash & I at Angel's Rest
Colston & Wildo
Whew!  So as you can see a Phenomenal weekend!!  I am still a little sore today from our hike but it was totally worth it.  I took about 200 pictures.  For real.  So more to come later this week. Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!

xoxo,

No comments: