I absolutely loved this link up idea from Leslie today. It's a great way for us bloggers to be reminded of why we blog in the first place. I had to think about this one for a minute but here's why I blog:
I started blogging two and a half years ago. I had discovered a couple of blogs that I enjoyed reading and I was also developing a blog for work. After going through the whole creation process and familiarizing myself I thought why not?
One of my best friends who lives in NYC also started a blog around the same time. It was a perfect way for me to keep in touch with my friends who didn't live close to me. Have I ever mentioned that I am horrible at keeping up with people over the phone? HORRIBLE. I would rather send 75 emails than make one phone call. Maybe that's my introverted personality coming out but it's so true. The blog became a fabulous way to keep up with my friends lives as well as keep them posted on mine. A win win.
I really never expected to have more than about 8 people read my blog. My best friends and maybe my parents. I am still so shocked when someone mentions that they read my blog or my husband comes home from work saying he ran into so-and-so today and she told me she reads your blog. Crazy!
The blog has been a great way for me to journal our lives and it helped me a ton through our fertility process. I was so scared to put our personal problems on the internet but I found out quickly how much it helped to get it out there. I have gained so many friendships and found people who supported me through this process that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Nothing makes me happier than when someone reaches out to me who is going through fertility struggles and I am able to give them my two cents on what helped me.
God has definitely used this blog to get me through a rocky time in our lives. I am so thankful that I decided to take the plunge and I highly recommend blogging to anyone who is interested in it.
Happy Friday Friends!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment