So I am going to go ahead and deem today "hot mess Thursday." This week in Knoxville has been a bit of a scorcher. I didn't quite realize how much the increasing temps would have an effect on me. But then again, I have had all sorts of surprises in pregnancy. The heat, well it sucks, but what's worse is a little ditty called "pregnancy brain." Which I now think is worse when it's 100 degrees out...but really isn't everything? Except for the beach, a cold beverage and a breeze.
So confession time here. Before getting pregnant I really thought "pregnancy brain" or even worse "mommy brain" (please don't say that) was BS. Just being honest. I thought that mom's must be overwhelmed with all of the junk leading up to having a baby so they were a little "forgetful." Not a legit condition though. That was like I said until getting pregnant.
I like to think of myself as a pretty "on-it" person. I rarely forget to do something and generally I can be trusted to "get things done." Well I started getting warning emails from pregnancy sites I follow, such as what to expect when you are expecting. With titles like "Forgetfulness During Pregnancy." Say what?!
I still thought......this does not effect me. Until I started noticing myself being freaking FORGETFUL. I was appalled. Cole tends to think it's pretty amusing. He loves interrupting me in a conversation and watching me completely forget what I was talking about. He also likes to say I am just living on "his level" now. To which I kindly remind him that my sharpness WILL return and thank goodness. Our poor child otherwise.
So yeah, today I found myself a freaking hot mess. Doing things like:
-Forgetting how to navigate in my own city. Trusting GPS and completely disregarding common sense or the fact that I knew where I was going. Insert approximately 16 U-turns all within a mile of my destination.
-Being a horrible driver. This honestly scares me. Pregnancy has made my reaction time slower and me just dumb with regard to driving. Keep mom off the road!
-Getting overly hot from stress. Even with AC blasting on me.
-Hating hormones. The culprits of it all.
So stay inside my friends. It's a scorcher out there. I will also be on the road from 3:30-4:00pm this afternoon if you would like to avoid me.
Happy Thursday Friends!
1 comment:
Oh man.. I wish that the forgetfulness went away :) I'm still waiting for my detail oriented OCD brain to come back. I forget things ALL THE TIME. As long as the baby is alive and happy, I figure I'm doing okay.
Post a Comment