Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Liebster Award

I am incredibly honored to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by my friend Katie. Infertile soul sisters Katie and I actually met in college as we were both members of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority at UT. We reconnected over the past year through our fertility struggles.  Katie and I actually even have the same condition HA but we have different versions.  Katie is a Godly woman and someone I admire immensely.  She shares her heart and is currently blogging about her latest fertility treatment IVF. Through all of the hardships Katie never strays from her faith in Christ and His plan for her life.  It's encouraging and inspiring. Check her out!

So, back to the Liebster. The award is a way for newer blogs to get more exposure.
Here are the rules:
  • Link back to the person who nominated you
  • Answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
  • Pick 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated
  • Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  • Notify your nominees
Disclaimer: I am not exactly a "rule follower" sorry.  I hope the blog police don't come get me. :)  I did answer the questions and I did nominate some awesome people but I didn't follow the rules exactly.  So feel free to do your thing as well.

Here are my questions via Katie:
1. Favorite soft drink?
Ok confession.  I don't drink soft drinks.  But I have started a new obsession with La Croix sparkling water.  My pregnancy go-to drink.  I am normally not one for carbonation but this little ditty has been a life saver during pregnancy.


2. What is your favorite reality TV show?
THIS IS TOUGH.  I am a sucker for reality TV.  But I would have to say the Bachelor/Bachelorette.  It gets me every time.
 
3. Would your rather be hot or cold and why?
COLD.  I despise being hot and I feel like it is easier to warm up then cool off.
 
4. What is your greatest fear?
Underwater.  Not necessarily drowning but I am sure they are connected.  I hate not being able to see what is beneath me.  I also made the mistake of snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.  That was one time I wished I hadn't seen what all was beneath me.  Horrifying.
 
5. Are you more likely to be found wearing flats or heels?
HEELS.  This has been tough being pregnant because it's not the best move.  But I can't help myself.  I will be wearing heals until I can no longer walk.
 
6. What is a quote that defines you and your life right now and why?
"Walk by faith, not by sight"  this got me through my fertility treatments and I still use it during pregnancy.  It reminds me to trust God first and foremost.
 
7. What one piece of makeup could you not live without?
This is tough too.  I started typing mascara but I am addicted to lip gloss.  I wear it like 99% of the time I am awake.  So lip gloss.
 
8. What is your main goal for your blog?
To document my life and connect with others through the process.
 
9. What is your go to perfume?
Victoria Secret Bombshell.
 
10. What is one random fact about yourself?
My brother was born in the bathtub (on accident).  Yes, my mom is a BA.
 
11. Favorite book?
"The Me I Want to Be" by John Ortberg.  Read it I promise you wont be disappointed.
 
My Questions:
1. If you had to choose a song as your theme song, which one would it be?
2. Best vacation you have ever been on?
3. Biggest pet peeve?
4. What is the funniest nickname that you have been called?
5. Are you a morning or night person?
6. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
7. Movie or movies that you can watch over and over again?
8. Never eat chocolate again or never eat ice cream again?
9. Favorite summer activity?
10. What's the worst job you could have?
11. Favorite TV channel?
 
My Nominees:
5. A Listed

Happy Tuesday Friends!
 

1 comment:

Elena @ baby Ridley bump said...

Congrats on your nomination!!