Tuesday, July 30, 2013
An "earth-shattering" God
I have been thinking a lot recently about my walk as a Christian and how God has been working in my life for a long long time. Like most Christians, I have gone through season's. Season's where He feels super close and season's where for whatever reason sin takes over in my life and God feels farther away.
I realized that I also talk about my faith a lot more on the blog than I did when I first started blogging. I think a lot of that has to do with our battle with infertility. I often find myself using words like "blessed" and "thankful" and I wanted to clear a few things up. In a world where people LOVE to pass judgment left and right I used to read things like this from other believers and find myself judging them. No one's perfect so it's easy to do. It's also easy to feel like people are being unauthentic or not real, when they are spouting off things like "I just feel so blessed!"
But here's where things changed for me. God made an earth shattering impact in my life. He took me in the darkest time I have ever experience (infertility), he help me grow as a person and ultimately I was able to watch His timing and glory play out in my life. Now I realize this may seem easy for me to say now that I am pregnant, but had we not gotten pregnant I truly knew God had a bigger plan. We would have eventually looked into adopting or a strong mentoring program....Cole and I would have been parents.
When God rocks your world like this there is no denying the reality. You are no longer dependent on yourself, you are dependent on Him. You realize that He is always working and has the ability to do more than you could ever imagine in your life. It's life altering, life changing, and you can't help but talk about it.
Happy Tuesday Friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment