Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chi Town! [Part 3!]

Happy Tuesday Friends!  I decided to go ahead and spill the last details of our trip to Chicago today!  So here we go!  On our last full day after a long run along the lake and up to Navy Pier we decided to clean up and do some site seeing.  We walked all the way down Michigan Avenue to the Chicago River. The view was incredible and we enjoyed sitting out on a patio by the water.  Perfect afternoon in my book!

Chicago River View
After our brief stop we decided to venture into Millennium Park to see "the bean."  I have actually never been to the bean and thought it was so cool!  We snapped some pictures, enjoyed the awesome weather and took a walk around the park.
Our reflection in the bean!

After our site seeing adventure we met up with my favorite Aunt for dinner.  My Aunt knows how to dine in Chicago right so she took us to the Rose Bud Steak House. It was unreal.
Cole and I with Aunt Anne!
We enjoyed a delicious steak and even better company at dinner and then Cole and I were off to explore the city a little more. First we checked out a neighborhood hot spot (recommendation from Aunt Anne for 20-somethings).  It was a super fun rooftop bar that was packed with young people and Cole and I couldn't help but wish we had a large crew of our friends with us.  They would have loved it!
Rooftop bar
After the rooftop we made one last stop at the Drake Hotel.  I have always wanted to see inside and check out their lounge area.  It was incredible!  They of course had live jazz music and Cole and I cozied into a little couch to take it all in!
Colston and I at the Drake!
All in all it was a perfect night!  A perfect way to end a fabulous trip!  I can't wait to go back to Chicago it will always be one of my favorite cities!

Have a fabulous Tuesday!

xoxo,

No comments: